Thursday, February 7, 2008

Who Uses the Internet: MK299

Aside from sailing the ocean blue....I'm going to talk about who uses the internet based on a worldwide level for my Internet Marketing (MK299) class.
-------------------------------------------------------------


Above, is the basic statistics of Internet Users (based on information gathered in December 2007). Before I read this article, I always thought that we used the internet the most, the United States. But then thinking about it, Asia is a groing economy full of technological advances and coming into the age of computers. But I was most definetly surprised to read that Europe (at 26.4%) was the second largest users. Europe has a whole is much larger than the United States, but we have a larger population I presumed of internet users.
Again to put it in words, Asia (38.7%) has the most internet users. Second is Europe and third is North America (18%). Others that follow include: Latin America/Caribbean, Africa, the Middle East, and Oceania/Australia.
Furthermore, this article gives sites that have more detailed information and basic statistics of the internet and its users. For more charts on internet users, feel free to visit this article, titled "Internet World Stats."

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I am surprised from that chart because I would've also thought that North America would deffinately use the internet the most. I was surpried that we were #3! That's a really good chart you found because it is very current.

 
Free Banner: Create a professional banner in five minutes at AdverStore.com!